Prep 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
A cool, delicious summertime frosty drink that my family loves. Adapted from Gooseberry Patch's The Cozy Home Cookbook.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries, halved
- 2 cups watermelon, seeded and cubed
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 2 cups ice cubes
- Add the first 4 ingredients to the container of an electric blender; blend until smooth.
- Gradually add in the ice cubes and continue to blend.
- Serve immediately in chilled glasses.
delicious! I did make some changes though: I used 1 frozen lemon in place of the lemonade, 1 cup of frozen watermelon and 1 cup unfrozen, and a mix of watermelon juice and water instead of plain water, frozen strawberries instead of fresh, and only 1/4 cup of ice
WOW! My kids and I had this for breakfast on a hot summer morning. I used frozen strawberries so I didn't need to use ice. Next time I'll add less sugar because the watermelon was sweet but needed just a bit of sweetener. I intend on sharing this with friends and family, thank you!
Very refreshing on a hot summer day. Thanks for a quick easy recipe that I'll make again next summer.