Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
From redwoodhillfarms.com. Feta would also be a good substitute for the chevre.
Make and share this Strawberry, Walnut & Chevre Salad With Pomegranate Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 2 tablespoons grapeseed oil (or 1 tablespoon grapeseed oil and 1 tablespoon walnut oil if using walnuts)
- 2 tablespoons pomegranate molasses
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 teaspoons shallots, finely minced
- 6 cups spring greens (romaine would be good, too)
- 1 cup strawberry, hulled and thinly sliced
- 1⁄4 cup walnuts or 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- 3 ounces chevre cheese or 3 ounces any soft fresh goat cheese
- fresh ground black pepper, to taste
- Lightly toast the nuts and set aside to cool.
- Whisk all the vinaigrette ingredients together in a non-reactive bowl and set aside. (Tip: It may be necessary to warm the pomegranate molasses slightly to aid in whisking.).
- Arrange greens on 4 individual salad plates.
- Top salad greens with the strawberries, drizzle with vinaigrette, and add walnuts and chevre.
- Season with freshly ground pepper to taste.
Fabulous! I made this for mother's day lunch and my girls and I loved it. I used feta cheese. I will for sure make this again. Perfect if you want to impress company. I could not find pomegranate molasses so I used a recipe I found on this site.
Excellent. I made this with a change of vinegar to be halal. I used organic apple cider vinegar and a little bit of white sugar in place of the red wine vinegar. I used canola oil, sea salt, spring greens, pine nuts, soft goat cheese, plus the rest of the ingredients. I would make this again! Made for Veggie Swap # 44 ~ March ~ 2012
Pomegranate molasses is Homemade Pomegranate Molasses. Also available in Middle Eastern markets and some Greek and Indian markets.