Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 hr
A few years ago flavored vinegars where everywhere and now they are almost imposable to fine. Have not tried using other fruits yet but am hoping to try using figs as fig vinegar is great in marinades. Found this on a blog called A Family Feast.
- 1⁄2 lb fresh strawberries, trimmed and cut into 1/2 inch pieces (about 1 1/2 cups)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 cup white balsamic vinegar
- Place strawberries and sugar into a blender or small food processor. Pulse on high until strawberries and sugar are pulverized (add a bit of the vinegar if necessary). Add the vinegar and blend until completely mixed.
- Allow the strawberry-vinegar mixture to sit in the blender for one hour (this will allow the strawberry flavor to infuse the vinegar).
- After the hour is up, pour the mixture through a fine sieve lined with a piece of cheesecloth. Allow to drain completely, using a spoon to push the vinegar through the cheesecloth if necessary.
- This vinegar may be kept in the refrigerator for up to one week.
Deb, I just love how you have a knack for finding/sharing recipes that I NEED to make! This is fabulous! I bought some last winter at a bazaar, and have been dreading the day that I finished the bottle off, but no more! This is THAT! Perfectly wonderful, I have mine on a mixed green salad and just loved it! I did reduce the recipe by half, as it is only good for a week. That means I'll get a salad that I'll love everyday for lunch! YAY! Thanks for sharing this wonderful recipe, Deb, which is going straight into my 'Best of '13'!