Prep 5 mins
Cook 5 mins
This comes from my Low Carb Cookbook. Posting for ZWT3. Try it with the Arugula and Pea Salad. I see no reason why you couldn’t try this with other berries… raspberries or blackberries for example.
- In a medium saucepan combine strawberries and vinegar. Bring to a boil.
- Reduce heat, simmer, uncovered for 3 minutes. Remove from heat.
- Pour the vinegar-berry mixture through a fine-mesh strainer; let the liquid drain into a bowl.
- Discard the berries and transfer vinegar to jar or bottle.
- Cover tightly with a non-metallic lid. Chill for at least 1 hour. Store in the refrigerator for up to 6 months.
great we tried it on tuna steak with a touch of lemon.