Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
From a cookbook called "Adventures in the Kitchen" compiled by the Mother's Club of the Waverly Lutheran Church in Truman, Minnesota. This recipe was provided by Mrs. Zenk who was listed as a guest cook. Note-requires 12 hours to chill prior to serving. This was titled "Strawberry Mold" but I changed the name to more accuratley depict the dessert.
- Cream the butter until soft and gradually add the sugar.
- Cream together until smooth.
- Add the strawberries and pecans.
- Beat the egg whites in a separate bowl until stiff and then fold them into the berry mixture.
- Line a pyrex dish with broken vanilla wafers, add a layer of the berry mixture on top of that. alternate the two, ending with the wafers on top.
- Chill 12 hours.
- Serve with whipped cream and garnish with fresh whole strawberries.
All 2 stars for the nice, fresh strawberry flavor. Unfortunately, for the texture, can't grant any more stars. My strawberries made the buttercream curdle and soggy wafers where not to my liking, either. Original name "Strawberry Mold" was quite right, what it comes to texture. Nevertheless, all was eaten up.