Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
This recipe is from "Busy Woman's Cookbook". Authored by Sharon and Gene McFall.
- 2 cups fresh strawberries or 2 cups frozen strawberries
- 1 cup sugar
- 1 (3 ounce) box strawberry gelatin
- 1 pint vanilla ice cream
- 1 (9 inch) pie crusts, baked
- whipped topping
- Combine strawberries and sugar.
- Let stand for 10 minutes.
- Drain off liquid and measure.
- Add water to make 1 cup.
- Pour liquid into saucepan and heat to boiling and pour over gelatin.
- Stir until dissolved.
- Add ice cream and stir until melted.
- Add berries and mix.
- Pour into 9-inch baked pie crust.
- Top with whipped topping.
I'm going to rate this recipe even though I changed the recipe, but the ingredients and the idea came from this recipe. First of all, I used Frozen whole Strawberries, with no sugar added, and I thawed them about half way. I used Spenda instead of sugar, and yes I used the whole 1 cup. I used a 4 serving box of sugar-free strawberry jello. I used Edy's no sugar added vanilla ice cream. And I used a reduced fat graham cracker crust. I topped each piece with Fat Free Cool Whip. It was so delicious and refreshing. I had several request for the recipe. I will use this recipe often. It went together very quickly. One suggestion, I would take it out of the freezer at least one hour before you wanted to serve it. Thank you for sharing this recipe.
This is a great recipe, however a Lil too sweet for me. I made it a 2nd time & left out the cup of sugar, & used plain water I thought it was very good & plenty sweet this way.Don't be scared off by this recipe guys, the ingreidients sound a Lil strange but this pie is really good.