Prep 30 mins
Cook 24 mins
- 3⁄4 cup sugar, divided
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 1⁄4 cups halved strawberries
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons unsalted butter, melted
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 400°; grease a 12-cup muffin pan.
- Set 1 T of the sugar aside for topping.
- In a big bowl, whisk together the remaining sugar, flour, baking powder, salt, and baking soda.
- In a blender or food processor, process strawberries, eggs, butter, and vanilla until just blended (it shouldn't be a smooth puree).
- Add the egg mixture to the flour mixture and stir until just blended.
- Divide batter evenly among prepared muffin cups; sprinkle with reserved sugar.
- Bake for 19-24 minutes or until a pick comes out clean.
- Let cool in pan on a wire rack for 5 minutes, then transfer to the rack to cool for 5 minutes; serve warm.