Chef #766032's Note:
Classic mojito with fresh strawberry and vanilla flavors added.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Split 2 vanilla beans and scrape insides, add scraping and pods to bottle of rum. Shake well and let sit for a week before using. The longer it sits the more intense the flavor will get. When the rum turns dark similar to a spiced rum it is ready for use.
- 2Make vanilla syrup. bring 1 cup of water and sugar to a boil until sugar is dissolved into a syrup. add insided and pods of 2 vanilla beans and cover after cooled transfer to a capped squirt bottle of plastic container.
- 3In a blender, or with an immersion hand mixer purree berries.
- 4In an old fashioned glass add the mint and limes. Muddle mint and lime until all juice is released from limes and mint has released it oils. (while muddling try not to shred the mint into small pieces, pressing down on mint and not scraping will do this).
- 5Add strawberry purree and vanilla syrup to lime and mint.
- 6Fill the glass completely with large ice cubes and add rum.
- 7Stir all ingredients until mixed completely and top with splash of club soda. If you wish to shake the drink I suggest straining and serving it up and strained to avoid tiny bits of mint.
Browse Our Top Summer Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Vanilla Mojito
Serving Size: 1 (83 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 25.7
- Calories from Fat 1
- Total Fat 0.2 g
- Saturated Fat 0.0 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 1.3 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 7.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 2.8 g
- Protein 0.5 g
The following items or measurements are not included: