Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Lightly sweet, very refreshing. Adapted from a recipe by Carolyn Cope (The Crisper Whisperer) at Serious Eats. http://bit.ly/c2MgsA
- 1 lb strawberry, hulled
- 4 cups ice-cold water
- 1⁄2 vanilla beans, scraped or 1⁄8 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- In a blender, combine strawberries with 2 cups of water and the seeds from 1/2 of a vanilla bean (or the vanilla extract). Puree until completely liquidified. Strain through cheesecloth or a chinois into a pitcher.
- Add remaining water, lemon juice, and sugar to taste. Stir until completely dissolved. Serve over ice.