Prep 30 mins
Cook 35 mins
This recipe was a handout sheet at a U-Pick strawberry patch. Its a great dessert as an alternative to the traditonally strawberry shortcake.
- 946.36 ml strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 177.44 ml sugar
- 29.58 ml dry tapioca
- 14.79 ml butter or 14.79 ml margarine
- 236.59 ml flour
- 6.16 ml baking powder
- 2.46 ml salt
- 158.51 ml sugar
- 59.14 ml soft butter or 59.14 ml margarine
- 1 egg, beaten
- 2.46 ml vanilla
- 118.29 ml milk
- In a 9" cake pan mix together the first three ingredients and dot with 1 T butter, then set aside.
- For the topping, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream, ice cream or cream.
I made this exactly as recipe. The cake was very good, topping was just like home made jame, but was too much as recipe called for. Next time I will half the toping and double the cake.
Shar-on, This was absolutely wonderful. I made it and took it to work. Everyone raved about it. The recipe called for 4 cups strawberries and after slicing 2 cups I made a decision to use only the 2 cups. I also reduced the amount of sugar over the strawberries to 1/3 cup, used the 2 Tbsp tapioca and forgot the butter. Maybe adding the butter would have given a glazed appearance. Did not change a thing for the topping. It was served at room temperature and no one objected. Definately will make again.