This recipe was a handout sheet at a U-Pick strawberry patch. Its a great dessert as an alternative to the traditonally strawberry shortcake.
- In a 9" cake pan mix together the first three ingredients and dot with 1 T butter, then set aside.
- For the topping, sift together dry ingredients.
- Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- Spoon batter over fruit mixture.
- Bake at 350 deg F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- Serve warm, topped with whipped cream, ice cream or cream.