1/1 Photo of Strawberry Upside Down Cake
1 hr 5 mins
This recipe was a handout sheet at a U-Pick strawberry patch. Its a great dessert as an alternative to the traditonally strawberry shortcake.
My Private Note
9inch s ...
Units: US | Metric
- 4 cups strawberries, fresh or frozen
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons dry tapioca
- 1 tablespoon butter or 1 tablespoon margarine
- 1In a 9" cake pan mix together the first three ingredients and dot with 1 T butter, then set aside.
- 2For the topping, sift together dry ingredients.
- 3Cream butter and sugar; add egg and vanilla and beat well.
- 4Add dry ingredients alternately with milk, beginning and ending with dry ingredients.
- 5Spoon batter over fruit mixture.
- 6Bake at 350 deg F for 30-35 minutes or until golden brown.
- 7Serve warm, topped with whipped cream, ice cream or cream.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Upside Down Cake
Serving Size: 1 (1256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 2470.6
- Calories from Fat 629
- Total Fat 69.9 g
- Saturated Fat 41.0 g
- Cholesterol 381.1 mg
- Sodium 2163.6 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 446.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 15.0 g
- Sugars 311.6 g
- Protein 27.7 g