Prep 15 mins
Cook 55 mins
This is so good during the good ol' summer days. So refreshing. You can use other berries too! Just match to Jello or mix and match. Top with whipped cream and oh yum. Tastes like strawberry shortcake!
- 1 (3 ounce) box wild strawberry gelatin
- 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box strawberry cake mix or 1 (18 1/4 ounce) box white cake mix
- 1 1⁄3 cups water
- 1⁄2 cup oil
- 3 eggs
- 2 (10 ounce) boxes frozen strawberries
- 4 cups mini marshmallows
- whipped topping
- Thaw berries in a bowl and do not drain.
- Spray a 13x9-inch baking pan (one you can see through) with non stick cooking spray.
- Pour marshmallows in the bottom of pan and even out.
- Sprinkle jell-o evenly over the top.
- Mix cake following package directions for the 13x9 cake.
- Pour over marshmallows evenly.
- With a slotted spoon, scoop up some fruit and let about 3/4 of the juice drip back into the bowl.
- Scatter the fruit evenly over cake till fruit is gone.
- Refrigerate leftover juice.
- Bake cake at 350 degrees for 45 to 55 minutes or till done (use tooth pick test).
- Cook cake 15 minutes.
- Invert cake onto cookie sheet that has been coated with non stick spray.
- To serve: Spoon some of the juice over each piece of cake and top with topping.
- Keep cake covered when refrigerated.
- Cooling time for cake is not included in total time.