Recipe by Chef mariajane
A luscious surprise awaits inside this elegant cake. Perfect for wedding showers, anniversaries, birthdays and graduations. The ingredient Sweetened condensed milk, is one can (300ml).
- 10 inches prepared round angel food cake
- 1 (250 g) package cream cheese, softened
- 1 (300 ml) can sweetened condensed milk (regular or low-fat)
- 1⁄3 cup lemon juice
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 -4 drops red food coloring (optional)
- 1 cup chopped fresh strawberries (or 1 package frozen, thawed and well drained)
- 1 (750 ml) container whipped topping, thawed
- additional fresh strawberries
Directions See How It's Made
- Invert cake onto serving plate, cut 1-inch slice crosswise from top of cake; set aside.
- With sharp knife, cut and remove a ring of cake, leaving inner and outer cake walls and bottom base of cake at least 1-inch thick. Tear cake removed from center into bite-sized pieces; reserve.
- In large mixer bowl, beat cream cheese until fluffy. Gradually beat in Eagle Brand until smooth. Stir in lemon juice, extract and food coloring, if desired.
- Add reserved torn cake pieces and chopped strawberries and stir into mixture. Fold in 1 cup whipped topping. Fill cake cavity with strawberry mixture; replace top slice of cake.
- Frost with remaining whipped topping. Chill 3 hours or freeze for 4 hours. Garnish with strawberries if desired. Return leftovers to refrigerator or freezer.