Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr
Lovely truffles! You'll enjoy these! Chill time is cook time.
Make and share this Strawberry Truffles recipe from Food.com.
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, at room temperature
- 4 cups powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon grated fresh ginger
- 6 ounces white chocolate, melted and cooled (use dark chocolate, if desired)
- 20 medium strawberries, cleaned and hulled
- 1⁄4 cup crystallized ginger, finely minced
- 1⁄2 cup toasted coconut (see note below)
- 1⁄2 cup pistachio nut (or other nuts)
- Beat the cream cheese, sugar and grated ginger until smooth. Add the white chocolate and mix well. Chill at least 1 hour or until easy to handle. If necessary, place in freezer, stirring occasionally, for 30 minutes.
- Using a very small melon baller, scoop out the center of each strawberry halfway down each fruit. Pat berry dry inside and out. Put a small amount crystallized ginger into each strawberry. Shape the cream cheese mixture around each fruit.
- Coat one end in coconut and the other end in pistachio nuts(or other nuts). Place the truffles in candy cups. Chill until serving time. Enjoy!
- Note: To toast coconut, heat in a dry skillet over medium heat until it starts to brown. Stir occasionally. Be careful not to burn.