Prep 10 mins
Cook 45 mins
Laced with strawberry preserves and berry liqueur, these rich chocolate brownies are truly decadent!
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- 4 ounces semisweet baking chocolate, chopped
- 3 eggs
- 1 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry preserves
- 3 tablespoons creme de cassis or 3 tablespoons other berry-flavored liqueur
- 1 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup semi-sweet chocolate chips
- confectioners' sugar, for dusting (optional)
- Preheat the oven to 350F; spray a 9x9x2-inch baking pan with cooking spray.
- Melt the butter and baking chocolate in a large saucepan over low heat, stirring constantly.
- Remove from heat; set aside to cool slightly.
- Whisk the eggs in a medium bowl; add the sugar, preserves and liqueur and mix well.
- Pour into the chocolate mixture and blend well.
- Add the flour and salt; mix well.
- Stir in the chocolate chips.
- Pour into prepared pan.
- Bake for about 45 minutes, until a wooden toothpick inserted in the center comes out with moist crumbs.
- Cool completely in the pan on a wire rack.
- Run a small knife around the sides of the pan.
- Cut into 16 squares; just before serving, dust the tops with confectioner's sugar if desired.