Recipe by Marianne H.
An absolutely delicious recipe that is easy to prepare, makes a beautiful presentation, and can be used as a diabetic substitute. Once cut into, it is sloppy and should be served in bowls, glasses, or cups. I am always asked to bring this to a party.
- 1 large angel food cake
- 2 (2 3/4 ounce) boxes sugar-free instant vanilla pudding mix (regular size)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip Lite, thawed
- 2 (16 ounce) bags frozen strawberries, thawed
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare vanilla pudding according to package directions EXCEPT, leave out 1/2 cup of milk. This will give you a thicker more spreadable pudding. refrigerate until set. Reserve two tablespoons. Slice angel food cake across into four equal rings. Thaw strawberries according to package directions and cut in half. If they are very large, cut in quarters. Reserve three strawberries. Thaw cool whip. Reserve two tablespoons.
- Assemble as follows:.
- In a deep clear glass bowl, place the bottom ring of the cake. Spread 1/3 of the vanilla pudding over to completely cover th cake, fill in the center hole with pudding. This will prevent the strawberries from turning the cake to mush. Place 1/3 of the strawberries on top in an even layer. Place 1/3 of the cool whip on top of the berries covering completely and sealing from the next layer of cake, again so as not to turn the cake into mush. Repeat with the second & third layers. Place the top of the cake on and fill center hole with reserved pudding, cool whip, and three whole strawberrise.