Recipe by Terri R
I got this recipe several years ago from a coworker. Quick & easy. Can easily be made with sugar free jello and low fat cool whip to lighten it up. Best if made the day before so it can refrigerate overnight and the flavors blend together. I have also made this using raspberries in place of the strawberries.
- 1 angel food cake, cubed
- 1 (6 ounce) box strawberry Jell-O gelatin dessert
- 2 cups boiling water
- 2 (20 ounce) packages frozen strawberries (do not thaw)
- 1 (16 ounce) container Cool Whip
Directions See How It's Made
- Dissolve the Jello in the boiling water. Stir until dissolved.
- Add the frozen strawberries, breaking them into chunks. Let stand 5 - 10 minutes until partially set. Refrigerate if necessary.
- Whip the mixture until fluffy.
- In a trifle dish or large glass bowl, layer 1/2 the jello mixture, 1/2 the cake and 1/2 the Cool Whip (in that order). Repeat layers.
- Refrigerate several hours or overnight.