Prep 2 hrs 30 mins
Cook 0 mins
This trifle is much lighter than traditional trifles but equally as good. It uses yoghurt and fresh fruits providing a much healthier version. You can substitute the cream topping for a low fat version. The frozen ready whipped cream works quite well with this recipe too.
- Cut the cake vertically into halves.
- Slice the cake into fingers.
- Prepare topping mix as per instructions on the packet but using skimmed milk, or if using fresh cream, whip until stiff.
- Layer half the cake pieces, yoghurt, whipped topping, strawberries and kiwi in a 2 quart serving bowl.
- Repeat layers and sprinkle with almonds.
- Garnish with whole strawberries, if desired.
- Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
- For an alternative taste, grate the rind of an orange and a lemon and sprinkle over the sponge.
- Use orange flavoured yoghurt and top with tinned mandarines instead of strawberries.
Delightful! Strawberries in a cloud of cream and yogurt layered with cake. Using store bought cake makes this a quick and easy. I made my own cake (white), used whipped cream and omitted the kiwi. A wonderful way to use fresh strawberries!
This was so easy, gorgeous, and low calorie! Everyone was SOOOO impressed. Thanks!
This is by far the best dessert I've ever eaten! So light, airy, delicious and, above all, easy to throw together! I'll be making this recipe often. Will try it with raspberries & raspberry yogurt next time for a change. Thanks Char!!!!