1/1 Photo of Strawberry Trifle
2 hrs 30 mins
2 hrs 30 mins
This trifle is much lighter than traditional trifles but equally as good. It uses yoghurt and fresh fruits providing a much healthier version. You can substitute the cream topping for a low fat version. The frozen ready whipped cream works quite well with this recipe too.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Cut the cake vertically into halves.
- 2Slice the cake into fingers.
- 3Prepare topping mix as per instructions on the packet but using skimmed milk, or if using fresh cream, whip until stiff.
- 4Layer half the cake pieces, yoghurt, whipped topping, strawberries and kiwi in a 2 quart serving bowl.
- 5Repeat layers and sprinkle with almonds.
- 6Garnish with whole strawberries, if desired.
- 7Refrigerate for atleast 2 hours.
- 8For an alternative taste, grate the rind of an orange and a lemon and sprinkle over the sponge.
- 9Use orange flavoured yoghurt and top with tinned mandarines instead of strawberries.
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Trifle
Serving Size: 1 (251 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 325.6
- Calories from Fat 43
- Total Fat 4.8 g
- Saturated Fat 0.8 g
- Cholesterol 80.3 mg
- Sodium 212.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 64.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 3.6 g
- Sugars 39.5 g
- Protein 7.9 g
The following items or measurements are not included: