Recipe by carolinafan
Beautifully presented salad.
Top Review by LonghornMama
Fantastic! I would not change a thing! Dressing is sweet yet enough vinegar to nicely compliment the strawberries. I wouldn't have thought of jack and walnuts but they are a fabulous addition. This would be a great salad to make for guests, a holiday meal, or pot luck. Thanks, carolinafan, for a keeper!
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1⁄4 cup cider vinegar or 1⁄4 cup red wine vinegar
- 1 clove garlic, minced
- 1⁄4 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon paprika
- 1 pinch white pepper
- 8 cups torn romaine lettuce
- 4 cups torn bibb lettuce or 4 cups boston lettuce
- 2 1⁄2 cups sliced fresh strawberries
- 1 cup shredded monterey jack cheese
- 1⁄2 cup chopped walnuts, toasted