Recipe by yooper
Light and fluffy, easy and elegant. This one can be served any time of year, as it calls for frozen strawberries. The 2 minute cook time is for the boiling of the strawberry juice and cornstarch. That's it!
Top Review by CeeCee526
I made this for a family get together. It was very easy to prepare and looked very elegant. Everybody loved it. I was about to put away the last piece so I could enjoy another slice later. But lo and behold, I turned my back on it for a second, and it was gone! I'll have to make it again.
- 11 ounces cream cheese, softened (1 8 ounce and 1 3 ounce package)
- 3⁄4 cup white sugar
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 pint heavy whipping cream
- 2 (12 ounce) packages french-style ladyfinger cookies
- 1 (16 ounce) package frozen strawberries
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
Directions See How It's Made
- Strain strawberries and set aside, reserving juices.
- In a saucepan bring cornstarch and strawberry juice to a gentle boil.
- Remove from heat and let cool.
- Whip cream cheese, sugar and vanilla together.
- In a separate bowl, beat whipping cream until stiff peaks form.
- Fold whipped cream into cream cheese mixture.
- Arrange ladyfingers around sides and bottom an 8 or 9 inch springform pan, standing ladyfingers lengthwise around sides of pan.
- Pour 1/2 of the filling into the pan, then place a layer of ladyfingers on top of filling.
- Pour remaining filling over ladyfingers.
- Spread strawberry sauce over top of cake, and place the whole strawberries on top.
- Refrigerate and remove from pan once thoroughly chilled.