1/1 Photo of Strawberry Torte
1 hr 40 mins
This luscious dessert is perfect for the beginner and looks like a masterpiece!! As a light dessert, it's ideal after a big meal! This recipe is from In Good Taste by Elms College.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Preheat the oven to 325°F.
- 2*Prepare an 8" or 9" cake pan lining it with parchment paper (or grease the pan).
- 3Cream the butter and the 1/2 cup of sugar.
- 4Add the egg yolks and vanilla, mixing well.
- 5In a seperate bowl, mix together the flour, salt and baking powder.
- 6Blend the dry ingredients and milk alternately into the butter mixture.
- 7Pour the batter into the prepared pan and set aside.
- 8With clean beaters, whip the egg whites, adding the 1 cup of sugar a little at a time, until stiff peaks form.
- 9Spoon the egg whites over the top of the unbaked batter and sprinkle with walnuts (whole or pieces).
- 10Bake at 325F about 40 minutes or until cake tests done (cooking time will depend on your oven and pan size).
- 11*Using the parchment paper will allow you to easily lift the torte from the pan to test for doneness by piercing through the bottom of the cake with a toothpick.
- 12Cool the torte completely.
- 13Whip the cream and sweeten to taste.
- 14*You can substitute the cream with Cool Whip (or other) to lessen the calories and fat.
- 15Top off the torte with the whipped cream just before serving, adding whole (or cut) strawberries as your final layer.
- 16This torte should be made and enjoyed on the same day as the cream will soften the crispy meringue layer - still good but not the same!
Browse Our Top Dessert Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Dessert Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Torte
Serving Size: 1 (169 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 10
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 460.1
- Calories from Fat 261
- Total Fat 29.0 g
- Saturated Fat 17.5 g
- Cholesterol 166.2 mg
- Sodium 214.8 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 46.5 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.5 g
- Sugars 33.0 g
- Protein 5.4 g