Recipe by Juenessa
Easy to make and it's a guaranteed hit at a party or get together.
Top Review by superblondieno2
this is GREAT! i had a lot of fun making it too... the creamy filling is delish, and my mom and grandma said it tastes almost like marcapone cheese (I dont know what it tastes like) a great alternative to the traditional. I have a feeling this is going to become a tradition in our family...
- 1 quart fresh strawberries
- 1 1⁄4 cups cold milk
- 1 (3 1/2 ounce) package vanilla instant pudding mix
- 1 (8 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 4 tablespoons strong brewed coffee, room temperature, divided
- 2 cups whipped topping
- 1 (3 ounce) package ladyfingers, split
- 6 (1 ounce) bittersweet chocolate squares, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Set aside three strawberries for garnish; slice the remaining strawberries.
- In a bowl, whisk milk and pudding mix for 2 minutes.
- Let stand for 2 minutes or until soft-set. In a large mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until smooth; gradually beat in 2 tablespoons coffee.
- Beat in pudding.
- Fold in whipped topping.
- Brush remaining coffee over ladyfingers. Line the bottom of a 3-qt. trifle or glass serving bowl with half of the ladyfingers. Top with half of the sliced berries, grated chocolate and pudding mixture; repeat layers.
- Cut reserved berries in half; place on trifle.
- Cover and refrigerate for 4 hours or overnight.
- **Cook time does not include refrigeration time.