Recipe by Lee_tah
From Super Food Ideas Mag (Oct 2007). This is for individual portions. I am going to try it as one big cake next time...(and maybe use cream cheese or whipped cream.)
- 1 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1⁄2 teaspoon instant coffee powder
- 1 tablespoon hot water
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar
- 1⁄3 cup marsala
- 2 cups fresh strawberries, cut in half lengthwise
- 8 lady finger cookies (sponge finger biscuits)
- fresh mint sprig, to garnish (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat together mascarpone, vanilla and icing sugar.
- Combine coffee powder and water, and put in a small saucepan with the brown sugar and marsala. Heat a few minutes until the sugar is disolved. Take off heat.
- Add strawberries to the saucepan and set aside to cool slightly.
- Arrange 2 sponge fingers on each serving plate. Drizzle over the syrup from the pan. Top with a dollop of cheese mixture. Then arrange the strawberries over the top.
- Garnish with mint sprigs or a sprinkle of icing sugar.