Recipe by joanna_giselle
This is my summer variation on a wonderful Tiramisu recipe I was given by my Aunt Lola. This is not just for Greek residents but also for those from other European countries who can't find or afford genuine ingredients. This still makes a fabulous dessert without genuine Italian cream cheese or any eggs. Try it and see!
- 300 g cream cheese
- 200 ml cream (full-fat)
- 1 (400 g) vegetal cream (I used Morfat)
- 1 (400 g) condensed milk
- 1⁄2 cup icing sugar (to taste)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla essence
- 2 (200 g) packets ladyfinger biscuits
- 1 tablespoon espresso powder
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 cups water
- 500 g strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup orange liqueur
- 1⁄2 cup frozen raspberries (thawed) (optional)
- cocoa powder, for dusting the top
Directions See How It's Made
- Beat cream cheese, vegetal cream, dairy cream, condensed milk, icing sugar and vanilla essence in a mixer until smooth and thickened.
- Boil 1 cup of water and pour into a shallow dish adding espresso coffee and sugar. Stir until it dissolves and then add the remaining cup of water.
- Meanwhile hull and slice strawberries and and pour orange liqueur over them and toss lightly. (You can add defrosted raspberries here too at this point.).
- Dip each ladyfinger biscuit into the coffee but only halfway as the coffee mix is still warm and they will get soggy quickly. Make sure you dip the smooth side.
- Place in a long rectangular dish that fits the width of two biscuits.
- Layer biscuits dipped in coffee, then add half the strawberries scattered over the biscuits including half of the liqueur.
- Pour half of the cream over the top and smooth gently.
- Add another layer of coffee dipped ladyfingers and the rest of the strawberries.
- Finally add the remaining cream and smooth the top.
- Dust with pure cocoa powder and allow the dessert to sit in the fridge for at least 8 hours, preferably overnight.