Recipe by Linda's Busy Kitchen
This is an elegant cake that is sure to please. If you like strawberries, you will LOVE this delicious cake! Great for company or anytime your sweet tooth kicks in!
Top Review by MichelleOnTheLake
I always enjoy your recipes and this one is another great one! With strawberries in season, I had to give it a try and DS and his GF are glad I did! They thought it was great!
Double Strawberry Sauce
- 24 ounces ripe strawberries, hulled and sliced (2 pints)
- 1⁄2 cup strawberry jam
- 8 ounces cream cheese or 8 ounces mascarpone, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar, plus
- 2 tablespoons confectioners' sugar
- 6 tablespoons Grand Marnier or 6 tablespoons orange juice
- 2 cups heavy whipping cream
- 1 angel food cake (6-8-inch round)
Directions See How It's Made
- For Double Strawberry Sauce:.
- Puree 1 1/4 cups of the sliced strawberries with the strawberry jam. Refrigerate until serving time.
- Beat together the cheese, 1/3 cup confectionary sugar and 1 T. liqueur, until well blended and smooth.
- In a separate bowl beat cream, remaining 2 T. sugar, and 2 T. liqueur, until soft peaks form. Fold 1/2 cup of this into the cheese.
- With a serrated knife, cut cake in thirds horizontally.
- Drizzle each layer with 1 T. of the remaining liqueur.
- Spread bottom layer with one third of the cheese filling.
- Cover with one third of the sliced strawberries.
- Top with middle cake layer.
- Spread with half of the remaining filling and sliced strawberries.
- Add remaining cake layer.
- Top with remaining filling, and sliced.
- Frost cake with remaining whipped cream.
- Refrigerate at least 2 hours, or up to 24 hours before serving.
- Cut cake with a serrated knife.
- Serve each slice with sauce.