Delicious at Christmas time, got it out of a magazine a few years ago..everyone loves it!
Make and share this strawberry tiramisu recipe from Food.com.
- Using an electric beater, beat together egg yolks and sugar until pale and thick.
- Beat in mascarpone.
- Whisk egg whites to soft peaks.
- Fold cream then egg whites into mascarpone mixture.
- Fold in strawberries.
- Combine coffee and rum or brandy.
- Dip half the sponge fingers briefly in the mixture to moisten the outside.
- (Do not soak fingers in mixture, they will fall apart) Line the base of a serving bowl with the sponge fingers.
- Spoon half the mascarpone mixture into the bowl.
- Cover with remaining sponge fingers that have been dipped in the coffee mixture.
- Spoon over remaining mascarpone mixture.
- Cover and refrigerate for at least 4 hours.
- Just before serving, sift a little cocoa over the tiramisu.
- Garnish with strawberry halves.
great recipe! i substituted mascarpone with cream cheese and the cocoa powder with shaved dark chocolate. i also dipped the strawberry garnish in chocolate.
I'm sooo glad I choose this one to make! SOO easy, and DELICIOUS! loved it! thanks! edit: This dessert was so popular at our christmas dinner, it was ALL gone. sooo many "oohs and ahhs" and compliments. It really was a winner!
Wow, what a winner! Everyone loved this and it was so easy to make. I look forward to trying different fruit combinations. Thanks.