Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
I'm not a great fan of regular tiramisu, but this is definitely worth trying for you die-hard T-fans. I much prefer it. It's from Bon Appetit. Best made one day ahead.
- 1 1⁄4 cups strawberry preserves
- 1⁄3 cup Cointreau liqueur (or other orange liqueur)
- 4 tablespoons Cointreau liqueur
- 1⁄3 cup orange juice
- 1 lb mascarpone cheese, room temperature
- 1 1⁄3 cups chilled whipping cream
- 1⁄3 cup sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄2 lbs fresh strawberries, divided
- 52 ladyfingers (crisp-type)
- Whisk preserves, 1/3 cup Cointreau and orange juice in 2-cup measuring cup. Place mascarpone cheese and 2 tablespoons Cointreau in large bowl; fold just to blend.
- Using electric mixer, beat cream, sugar, vanilla, and remaining 2 tablespoons Cointreau in another large bowl to soft peaks. Stir 1/4 of whipped cream mixture into mascarpone mixture to lighten. Fold in remaining whipped cream.
- Hull and slice half of strawberries. Spread 1/2 cup preserve mixture over bottom of 13X9" glass baking dish. Arrange enough ladyfingers over preserve mixture to cover bottom of dish. Spoon 3/4 cup preserve mixture over ladyfingers, then spread 2 1/2 cups mascarpone mixture over. Arrange sliced strawberries over mascarpone mixture.
- Repeat layering with remaining ladyfingers, preserve mixture, and mascarpone mixture. Cover with plastic wrap and chill at least 8 hours or overnight.
- Slice remaining strawberries. Arrange over tiramisu and serve.
My family is not a fan of regular Tiramisu because of the coffee...They enjoyed this very much!
We enjoyed this very much :) Thank you for posting :)
This is a very nice recipe. My family enjoyed it.