Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
Flavored butters are so easy to make and can be used in many different ways. This is a great butter recipe to add to your collection. The recipe is from the justberryrecipes.com website.
- 118.29 ml strawberry, fresh and diced
- 1.23 ml thyme, minced optional
- 118.29 ml butter, softened
- salt, to taste
- In a blender or food processor, puree the strawberries and thyme coarsely. Add the butter and salt and blend until fairly smooth. Serve at room temperature.
- This can be made one day in advance and refrigerated in a tightly covered container. Allow to become room temperature before serving.
I made this with the few fresh blackberries my son left me. It's a gorgeous spread, just wonderful on toast. It is such an unexpected flavor without sugar, and so good! I left out the salt because I used salted butter. Made for KK's Strawberry Patch game.
This is a delicious spread. I love the flavour of the Thyme with the berries, they go great together. I also omitted the salt and didn't miss it! Thanks for posting!
Mixed this up in the food processor after allowing the butter to soften slightly at room temperature. Served this with Lemon Thyme Biscuits recipe 93519 by Sharon123 and the touch of thyme this was perfect!