Prep 15 mins
Cook 5 mins
I found this in Southern Living (March 2004). A pretty, and tasty punch! Cook time is steeping time.
- 473.18 ml boiling water
- 4 regular size tea bags (I use decaf)
- 354.88 ml frozen strawberries (or fresh)
- 170.09 g can frozen lemonade concentrate
- 236.59 ml ice cube
- 59.14 ml powdered sugar
- Pour 2 cups boiling water over tea bags. Cover and steep 5 minutes. Remove tea bags. Chill at least 1 hour.
- Process chilled tea, frozen strawberries, and remaining ingredients in a blender until smooth and slushy.
- Serve immediately. Enjoy!
This was really, really good! Mine didn't come out as red as the others, but it sure tasted fine! Also, I used frozen pink lemonade! I didn't use the sugar, because it's easier to add than to omit, and after tasting, I did need just a smidgen of sugar. But it definitely had pucker power, Sharon. Thnx for posting. Made for Comfort Cafe Summer 2009.
Fabulous, fresh and delightful!! I made rhis for my DD but DH and I each sampled it - lovely flavor - and you DO pick up on the delicate tea flavors. I used Lipton tea bag as I like black teas. I also didn't have enough frozen lemonade, so I subbed two individual portions of Crystal light Lemonade flavor (I was making 2 portions or .75 quart). Whole house gives a BIG 2 thumbs UP to this tasty summer treat! Made for ZWT3!!
Oh this was really good and so refreshing for a summertime drink, we enjoyed this Sharon! Thanks for sharing...Kitten:)