Prep 2 mins
Cook 0 mins
You can make this mix to give as a gift or keep for yourself.
- 1 1⁄4 cups sugar
- 1 cup instant tea, unsweetened
- 2 packages strawberry drink mix, unsweetened (Kool-Aid Brand)
- Mix all ingredients together.
- Store in airtight container no longer then 6 months.
- To make a cup of tea: 1 cup hot water and 2 to 3 tablespoons tea mix.
This was good. I made iced tea and it was a refreshing change.
I made the recipe as written and it was terrible! W-a-y too strong and not sweet enough BUT if you make my revised version, I think you will enjoy this on a hot summer day! You might consider making half a batch unless you plan on giving some away as I doubled the sugar (2 1/2 C.). When you make it, use only 1 Tb. for each 1 C. of hot water. I didn't care for it as hot tea so I made 4 cups at a time and refrigerated it. Poured over ice and it's very refreshing! Strawberry tea anyone?
Ironically as I read this recipe I'm sipping on some fresh-brewed iced tea to which a packet of strawberry kool-aid and a cup of sugar were added. I actually got the recipe from another recipe site. Just thought I'd drop a line to tell all how dee-lish and refreshing!