Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
This bread is delicious served at room temperature with cream cheese. Recipe makes two loaves and freezes well, so you can eat one and save one for later. Note: You can sub a 16 ounce bag of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, for the fresh strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar, mixing well; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberries and pecans; add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 5-by-9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool in pans before turning out.
- Serve at room temperature with cream cheese.
I made this last night. I needed another 10 minutes of cooking time. I then waited 10 minutes and tried to take one loaf out of the pan. It fell apart and was completely destroyed. The second loaf I covered up and let cool completely. This morning I took the loaf out and it was beautiful and tasty.
This is a keeper.
Very good recipe! I omitted the pecans, we have some young ones that have not had nuts as of yet and personally I don't care for them in baked goods. I added another 1/4 c berries, and just over a half cup of oatmeal to the chopped berries to try and fill the void left by the pecans absence...I also added a tsp of vanilla (love it!) All who tried it raved! Thanks for sharing!
I needed a recipe to use up some very ripe strawberries. I used 1 tsp. of cinnamon instead of 1 T. The bread is delicious. We topped it with strawberry butter made from another recipe. Thank you.