Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr
This bread is delicious served at room temperature with cream cheese. Recipe makes two loaves and freezes well, so you can eat one and save one for later. Note: You can sub a 16 ounce bag of frozen unsweetened strawberries, thawed, for the fresh strawberries.
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees. In a bowl, combine flour, baking soda, salt, cinnamon and sugar, mixing well; set aside.
- In another bowl, combine eggs, butter, strawberries and pecans; add to dry ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour batter into two greased and floured 5-by-9-inch loaf pans.
- Bake 1 hour. Cool in pans before turning out.
- Serve at room temperature with cream cheese.
I made this last night. I needed another 10 minutes of cooking time. I then waited 10 minutes and tried to take one loaf out of the pan. It fell apart and was completely destroyed. The second loaf I covered up and let cool completely. This morning I took the loaf out and it was beautiful and tasty.
This is a keeper.
Very good recipe! I omitted the pecans, we have some young ones that have not had nuts as of yet and personally I don't care for them in baked goods. I added another 1/4 c berries, and just over a half cup of oatmeal to the chopped berries to try and fill the void left by the pecans absence...I also added a tsp of vanilla (love it!) All who tried it raved! Thanks for sharing!
I needed a recipe to use up some very ripe strawberries. I used 1 tsp. of cinnamon instead of 1 T. The bread is delicious. We topped it with strawberry butter made from another recipe. Thank you.