1/1 Photo of Strawberry Tartlettes
6 hrs 30 mins
A lower-sugar, whole wheat crust and sugar free "jam" filling make for rich yet light tasting miniature desserts, perfect for your next soiree. Makes 26-28 (or one 9" tart)
My Private Note
mini ta ...
Units: US | Metric
- 2 1/4 ounces unsalted butter (or vegan margarine for baking like Earth Balance Buttery Sticks)
- 2 1/4 ounces organic coconut oil
- 1/4 teaspoon sea salt
- 2 tablespoons sucanat or 2 tablespoons dark brown sugar
- 3 (1 g) packets vanilla-flavoured stevia (or 2 more tbsp sugar)
- 1/2 tablespoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup whole wheat pastry flour
- 3 ounces fresh strawberries, roughly chopped
- 1/4 cup tart cherry juice
- 1 (1 g) packet vanilla-flavoured stevia
- 1 1/2 tablespoons chia seeds (or white Salba if you prefer)
- 1In a bowl, cream together butter, coconut oil, salt, Sucanat and stevia until light.
- 2Add vanilla and beat in, then beat in the flour until a stiff dough forms.
- 3Wrap in plastic and refrigerate 4-24 hours.
- 4For filling:.
- 5Puree the strawberries with cherry juice and stevia.
- 6Add the chia seeds and pulse inches
- 7Pour into a bowl, cover and chill 1 hour.
- 8Assembly / baking:.
- 9Preheat oven to 325°F.
- 10Break dough into small pieces and, using your fingers, pat into the bottom and up the sides of a mini-muffin tin to form a "shell".
- 11Spoon a tsp of strawberry filling into each shell.
- 12Bake for 30 minutes.
- 13Cool completely in the tin before carefully unmoulding.
Browse Our Top Tarts Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Tarts Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Tartlettes
Serving Size: 1 (13 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 26
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 56.2
- Calories from Fat 41
- Total Fat 4.5 g
- Saturated Fat 3.4 g
- Cholesterol 5.2 mg
- Sodium 22.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 3.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.5 g
- Sugars 0.2 g
- Protein 0.6 g
The following items or measurements are not included: