Prep 15 mins
Cook 15 mins
These little cuties are great to serve at a party or potluck but be careful -- they're addictive and you'll definitely want more than one!
- 1 package premade puff pastry or 1 package shortcrust pastry
- flour, for dusting
- 3⁄4 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 quart strawberry, washed and chopped into small pieces
- 1⁄4 cup honey
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons water
- red food coloring (optional)
- Roll out the pastry on a floured surface until it is about 1/4 inch thick.
- Grease a muffin tin.
- Cut out circles using a cutter or large glass to fit your muffin tin and put one in each cup.
- The rounds should come up nearly to the top edge of the cups.
- Bake, according to the package directions, with a few beans sprinkled in the bottom of each cup to keep the pastry from rising before you have filled it.
- Meanwhile, mix the strawberries with the honey.
- A few minutes before the pastry is done (this is about after 10 minutes at 400 F in my oven), remove the tray from the oven and scoop out the beans.
- Fill each tin with the strawberries and return to the oven for a couple minutes or just until the pastry is golden.
- Remove from the oven and set aside to cool.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan mix the water and sugar and boil until clear.
- In a separate bowl, mix cornstarch and water.
- Stir the cornstarch mixture into the sugar mixture and boil until thick, stirring constantly.
- You can add a bit of red food colouring here to make a pretty red, if desired.
- When the tarts are cool, pour a little of the liquid over each one and then chill in the fridge.
- Serve with whipped cream.