Prep 25 mins
Cook 10 mins
This elegant-looking dessert is easy to make, and the cute wonton "cups" can be made in advance. They're a different way to present fresh strawberries when entertaining. The recipe is easy to double, too.
- 12 wonton wrappers
- 3 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄3 cup packed brown sugar
- 3⁄4 cup mascarpone cheese
- 2 tablespoons honey
- 2 teaspoons orange juice
- 3 cups fresh strawberries, sliced
- whipped cream (optional)
- of fresh mint (optional)
- Brush one side of each wonton wrapper with butter. Place brown sugar in a shallow bowl; press buttered side of wontons into sugar to coat. Press wontons sugared side up into greased muffin cups. Bake at 325° for 7-9 minutes or until edges are lightly browned. Remove to a wire rack to cool.
- In a bowl, combine the cheese, honey and orange juice. Spoon about 1 tablespoon into each wonton cup. Top with strawberries. Garnish with whipped cream and mint if desired.
These looked soo elegant & impressive. The great thing was they took about 15 minutes to make. I used a mini-muffin pan and was able to make 24 mini tarts. It turned out great. I made the tarts the night before and filled them in the morning. They stayed nice and crispy. next time, i'm going to add some fresh lime juice to the filling to give it a real burst of flavour. DELICIOUS desert! Thanks for a 5 star recipe all the way!
i have made these before (i think the recipe was from taste of home)- they are easy to make, delicious and really cute- everyone loved them. they make a nice light dessert but they are small- you probably need 2 per person