Prep 35 mins
Cook 0 mins
Great way to prepare those sweet strawberries. Using frozen is not recommended.
- 1 refrigerated pie crust
- 2 tablespoons granulated sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 1⁄4 cups coarsely chopped fresh strawberries
- 1 teaspoon granulated sugar
- 1⁄2 cup whipping cream (heavy)
- 1 tablespoon powdered sugar
- of fresh mint, if desired
- Heat oven to 350.
- Lightly spray cookie sheet with cooking spray. Remove pie crust from pouch; unroll on cookie sheet.
- In medium bowl, mix 2 tablespoons granulated sugar and the cornstarch. Gently stir in 3 cups of the strawberries. Spoon onto center of crust, spreading to within 2 inches of edge. Fold 2-inch crust edge up over filling, pleating decoratively. Brush crust edge with water; sprinkle with 1 teaspoon granulated sugar.
- Bake 15 to 20 minutes or until crust is golden brown.
- Meanwhile, in small bowl, beat whipping cream and powdered sugar with electric mixer on high speed until stiff peaks form. In another small bowl, mash remaining 1/4 cup strawberries, fold in whipping cream. Serve tart with strawberry whipped cream. Garnish with fresh mint.