Recipe by awalde
This strawberry tart I perfumed with ginger, sesame and vanilla. It’s my favorite fruit tart, if you try you will know why! For this recipe you need a fruit tart mold with raised edges of 9-10 inches (25 cm). I use a hearth shaped one.
- 1 teaspoon butter or 1 teaspoon margarine, to grease the mold
- 3 tablespoons sesame seeds
- 3 eggs
- 1 tablespoon warm water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 lemon (only peel grated)
- 1 teaspoon toasted sesame oil, dark quality
- 2⁄3 cup flour
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 1⁄4 cups milk
- 5 slices ginger (very thin)
- 2 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1⁄2 teaspoon agar, powder (or 1/2-1 tablespoon additional cornstarch)
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 10 ounces strawberries (or other berries if you prefere)
- 1 teaspoon jelly powder or 1⁄2 cup homemade fruit jelly
Directions See How It's Made
- Grease your mold with butter or margarine and coat well with sesame seeds.
- Preheat the oven at 340 °F (175°C) (heat and timing are basing it on convection oven).
- Mix egg, water and sugar until foamy.
- Add grated lemon peel and sesame oil.
- Mix well.
- Add flour and baking soda to the egg mix and incorporate gently.
- Transfer the mix in mold and bake 25 minutes at 340°F (175°C).
- Let cool down 15 minutes, remove from the mold and place it on your cake plate.
- Prepare your strawberries cleaning them and cutting each one in 2 pieces.
- Boil the milk with the ginger.
- Let rest 5 minutes.
- In the meanwhile mix together eggs , sugar, cornstarch, agar and vanilla.
- Remove the ginger from the milk and incorporate the ginger-flavored milk.
- Heat again in a pot stirring continuously until it thickens. Remove from heat.
- Spread the cream (still warm but not hot) on the cake base and arrange the strawberries.
- Prepare the jelly according packaging description or melting the homemade jelly.
- Brush the jelly on the strawberries.
- Cool down completely and serve.