1/1 Photo of Strawberry Tapioca with Custard
1 hr 30 mins
Jenny Sanders's Note:
Light and yummy dessert, perfect for strawberry season, or all year 'round with frozen berries. I am going to try this with other berries as well. When rhubarb is in season, I think a strawberry-rhubarb mixture would be lovely. I would use a little more sugar in that case.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 tablespoons cornstarch
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 2 extra large eggs
- 1 1/2 cups milk
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1Mix the starch, sugar and salt in the top of a double boiler, and beat in the eggs. Make sure there are no lumps of cornstarch left.
- 2Beat the milk slowly into the egg mixture.
- 3Cook, stirring constantly, until thickened.
- 4Remove from the heat at once and beat in the vanilla.
- 5Divide the custard evenly amongst 6 serving dishes.
- 6Mix the strawberries, water, sugar, honey, salt and tapioca in a large pot and bring to a boil. Stir frequently.
- 7Simmer until the tapioca is clear, the strawberrries are soft, and the mixture is somewhat thickened.
- 8Stir in the lemon or lime juice.
- 9Spoon the strawberries evenly over the custard.
- 10Chill until set.
Browse Our Top Puddings and Mousses Recipes
You Might Also Like...View All Puddings and Mousses Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Tapioca with Custard
Serving Size: 1 (249 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 215.0
- Calories from Fat 40
- Total Fat 4.4 g
- Saturated Fat 2.0 g
- Cholesterol 90.3 mg
- Sodium 141.7 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 39.7 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 29.4 g
- Protein 5.1 g