Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
Two of my favorites combined for a quick, but fancy dessert. You can sweeten the strawberries, if desired.
- 2 1⁄2 cups skim milk
- 3 tablespoons quick-cooking tapioca
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1 dash salt
- 1 egg, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 1 1⁄4 cups frozen unsweetened strawberries or 1 1⁄4 cups fresh sliced strawberries
- In medium saucepan, combine milk, tapioca, sugar, salt and egg; let stand 5 minutes.
- Over medium heat, bring mixture to a boil, stirring constantly. Remove from heat; stir in vanilla.
- Let stand 10 minutes to cool and slightly thicken.
- In parfait glasses, alternate layers of pudding with sliced strawberries, ending with pudding.
- Refrigerate until serving.