Prep 15 mins
Cook 2 hrs
This is a versatile salsa for me, I serve it over any cooked firm fish, mixed into cooked cold brown rice, as a snack with tortilla chips. I also make a spiced smoothie in a blender with a container of plain yogurt, spooning in a few heaping tablespoons of the salsa. Cook time is chill time. The number of servings will depend on how you'll serve it.
- 1 pint strawberry, hulled medium dice
- 3 tangerines, peeled seeded, medium dice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons fresh basil, shredded
- 1⁄2 teaspoon balsamic vinegar
- 1⁄8 teaspoon cayenne pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon kosher salt
- Combine all the ingredients in a glass mixing bowl, tossing gently to throughly mix; adjust seasonings to your taste.
- Cover and refrigerate 2 hours.