Prep 10 mins
Cook 5 mins
This is a delicious and easy to make syrup. I use this to pour over pancakes and Belgian waffles, over ice cream or pound cake, angel food cake or cheesecake! Your imagination is your only limitation! Please remember to skim the froth off the syrup while it is simmering for your best flavor. I first discovered this recipe in Southern Living.
- 473.19 ml fresh strawberries or 473.19 ml frozen strawberries, thawed
- 473.18 ml sugar
- 1.23 ml lemon juice
- Process strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour strawberry puree through a wire-mesh strainer into a saucepan, discarding seeds.
- Stir in sugar and juice; cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, while skimming froth from top.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups.
So simple--and yummy! A hint regarding the foam: drop a tsp or so of butter in the syrup while it's cooking--this will cut way down on the foam.
loved it! i followed review suggestions by adding half the sugar and a little dab of butter. i did strain mine.
wow. this syrup is amazing!
I doubled the Strawberries and only added 1 1/2 cups Sugar and it turned out plenty sweet. Like some of the other reviewers I also didn't strain the berries because we don't mind the seeds and little chunky texture. This is absolutely wonderful over Ice cream, French toast and Pancakes. Thank you so much for sharing your recipe.