Recipe by Bev
This is a delicious and easy to make syrup. I use this to pour over pancakes and Belgian waffles, over ice cream or pound cake, angel food cake or cheesecake! Your imagination is your only limitation! Please remember to skim the froth off the syrup while it is simmering for your best flavor. I first discovered this recipe in Southern Living.
- 1 pint fresh strawberries or 1 pint frozen strawberries, thawed
- 2 cups sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon lemon juice
Directions See How It's Made
- Process strawberries in a food processor until smooth.
- Pour strawberry puree through a wire-mesh strainer into a saucepan, discarding seeds.
- Stir in sugar and juice; cook over low heat, stirring until sugar dissolves.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat; reduce heat, and simmer 5 minutes, while skimming froth from top.
- Remove from heat; cool.
- Makes 2 1/4 cups.