Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This recipe intrigued me as I had no idea what a syllabub was! They define it as an old-fashioned dessert made of a frothy wine and cream sauce poured over fresh fruit or berries. I need to try it to see if I like it, as it sounds like a berries and cream type of dessert. Posted for the strawberry recipe swap.
- 1 cup heavy cream
- 1⁄2 cup powdered sugar
- 2 egg whites
- 2 tablespoons medium-dry sherry
- 1 quart strawberry
- Whip cream and 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
- In another bowl, beat egg whites and 1/4 cup sugar until stiff.
- Fold egg whites into the cream mixture.
- Add sherry.
- PLace berries in serving bowl.
- Pour sauce over them and serve.