1 hr 15 mins
Rainberry Blues's Note:
Here's a great way to use strawberries.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 1Combine water and sugar in saucepan.
- 2Cook and stir to dissolve sugar over medium heat.
- 3Remove from heat.
- 4Let cool.
- 5In bowl, cut shortening into flour until mixture resembles coarse crumbs.
- 6Stir in milk.
- 7Knead on lightly floured surface until smooth, about 8- 10 times.
- 8Roll into 12 x 8 inch rectangle.
- 9Top with strawberries.
- 10Roll up, jelly-roll style, starting with a long side.
- 11Seal the seam.
- 12Cut into 12 equal pieces.
- 13Pour melted butter into 13 x 9 x 2 baking dish.
- 14Place rolls, cut side down, in butter in baking dish.
- 15Pour syrup around rolls.
- 16Bake at 350 F, until rolls are golden and edges are bubbly; about 40- 45 minutes.
- 17Serve warm with whipped cream.
Browse Our Top Quick Breads Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Strawberry Swirl Rolls
Serving Size: 1 (1688 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 1
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 341.7
- Calories from Fat 151
- Total Fat 16.8 g
- Saturated Fat 7.2 g
- Cholesterol 21.7 mg
- Sodium 258.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 47.2 g
- Dietary Fiber 0.9 g
- Sugars 34.4 g
- Protein 2.1 g