Prep 25 mins
Cook 1 hr 10 mins
This recipe caught my eye in the latest issue of Southern Living and I immediately had to try it. Wonderfully delicious! My notes: although the instructions stated to bake the cake for 1 hour 10 minutes, my cake had barely begun to rise by this time. I had a total bake time of 1 hour 35 minutes before the cake tested done.
- 1 1⁄2 cups butter, softened
- 3 cups sugar
- 8 ounces cream cheese, softened
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 1⁄2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 2⁄3 cup strawberry glaze
- On medium speed, cream the butter and gradually add in the sugar; beat until fluffy.
- Add the cream cheese and mix well.
- Add eggs, one at a time, and beat just until combined.
- Gradually add the flour and beat on low speed until combined.
- Scraped the bowl frequently.
- Add the extracts.
- Pour 1/3 of the batter in a greased tube pan.
- Spoon 8 rounded teaspoonfuls of glaze on the batter and swirl it around.
- Repeat with 1/3 batter and glaze.
- Add the remaining batter on top.
- Bake at 350 degrees for 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes or until the cake tests done.
- Cool on a wire rack for 15 minutes; remove from the pan and let the cake completely cool.
I saw this in the magazine and just had to try it. It is A-MAZING! I actually forgot to put in the almond extract & vanilla extract and it was still good. I put homemade whipped cream on top with some chocolate sauce. MMMM!