Recipe by Tantric1
Yummy, creamy, and everyone's favorite! The time is worth the results!
Top Review by Faithhope&love
I made this recipe a couple days before Christmas. It got good reviews by my family. I loved the strawberry swirl that was made with frozen strawberries as opposed to strawberry jam. Also it turned out beautifully just like the pic. The only modification I made was to not bake it in a water bath. Betty Crocker has a recipe for a swirl cheesecake & it calls for wrapping in foil, covering with foil & then baking at 400 for 20 min, remove foil, reduce heat to 300 and continue til center is almost set.Turn off oven and let set for additional 15 min. I did put a small pan of water in the bottom of the oven to simulate the water bath effect. I would give this recipe 5 stars except I like my cheesecake a little tarter than this one turned out. Also, I think the crust might have needed to parbake. Anyway, good recipe overall.
- 1 1⁄4 cups graham cracker crumbs
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄3 cup butter, melted
- 2 (16 ounce) packages frozen sweetened strawberries, thawed
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 (14 ounce) can sweetened condensed milk
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 3 eggs
- 2 tablespoons flour
Directions See How It's Made
- Combine graham cracker crumbs, sugar and butter. Press onto the bottom of an ungreased 9-in. springform pan. Refrigerate for 30 minutes.
- In a blender or food processor, combine strawberries and cornstarch; cover and process until smooth. Pour into a saucepan; bring to a boil. Boil and stir for 2 minutes. Set aside 1/ cup strawberry sauce; cool. Cover and refrigerate remaining sauce for serving.
- In a mixing bowl, beat cream cheese until light and fluffy. Gradually beat in milk. Add lemon juice; mix well. Add eggs, one at a time, beat on low just until combined. Scraping down bowl after each. Blend in each tablesoon of flour until just mixed, on LOW speed.
- Pour half of the cream cheese mixture over crust. Drop half of the reserved strawberry mixture by 1/2 teaspoonfuls onto cream cheese layer. Carefully spoon remaining cream cheese mixture over sauce. Drop remaining strawberry sauce by 1/2 teaspoonfuls on top.
- With a knife, cut through top layer only to swirl strawberry sauce.
- Wrap springform pan in aluminum foil so that the foil comes up all the way to the top edge of the pan. Set cheesecake inside of larger pan that allows for water bath to come up 1 inch on sides of cheesecake pan. Add VERY hot water to come up 1 nch on spring form pan.
- Bake at 350 degrees F for 70-80 minutes or until center is almost set. Cool on a wire rack for 10 minutes. Carefully run a knife around edge of pan to loosen; cool 1 hour longer. Refrigerate overnight. Remove side of pan. Thin chilled strawberry sauce with water if desired; serve with cheesecake. Store in the refrigerator.