Prep 20 mins
Cook 1 hr 40 mins
This cheesecake, perfect for eating the day after you make it, has a beautiful, swirled top.
- 6 chocolate graham crackers or 6 plain graham crackers
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 (8 ounce) packages cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup sugar
- 3 eggs
- 1 egg yolk
- 3 tablespoons all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- 8 strawberries
- Preheat the oven to 400 degrees. To make the crust, crush the graham crackers in a blender or food processor, then add the melted butter. Press the mixture firmly and evenly into the bottom of an 8-inch springform pan. Tightly line the outside of the bottom of the pan with tinfoil.
- In the bowl of an electric mixer, whip the cream cheese until it's smooth and fluffy. Add the sugar and blend well. Add the eggs and the yolk, one at a time, mixing well with each addition. Blend in the flour, vanilla extract and cream, then mix until smooth. Pour the batter evenly over the crust.
- Puree the strawberries and dot the mixture over the top. Using a small rubber spatula, gently swirl the puree into the batter.
- Place the pan in a large baking dish. Fill the baking dish with warm water halfway to the top of the cheesecake pan and place in the oven. Bake for 10 minutes, then reduce the heat to 250 degrees. Bake for an additional hour and 30 minutes or until a knife inserted into the middle comes out clean. Once the cheesecake is cooled, refrigerate it covered overnight.