Prep 1 hr
Cook 0 mins
This is heavenly. So fresh and creamy tasting. I made it for a church picnic and it disappeared very fast!
- Sprinkle sugar over berries and let stand for 20 minutes. (omit sugar if using frozen berries already sweetened.).
- Drain and reserve juice.
- Chill berries.
- Combine boiling water and jello, stirring until dissolved.
- Add ice and water to reserved juice to make 1 cup and add to jello.
- Chill until just beginning to congeal.
- Combine cool whip and marshmallows and let set while jello is being chilled.
- Beat slightly congealed jello until foamy.
- Add berries.
- Swirl berry mixture and cool whip mixture in pretty clear glass dish.
- Chill until set.
This was good and easy to make. I used Splenda instead of sugar, I used sugar free jello and sugar free cool whip. I completely forgot about the marshmallows (I even bought a bag just for this recipe). We all enjoyed this for dessert. Made for Spring PAC 2010.