Recipe by Sue Lau
For a Romantic touch, bake these in heart shaped muffin tins.
Top Review by Lifeswruff
Oh my goodness!! I decided to make these muffins in advance of Valentines Day and 'hide' them in the freezer for DH so that he has a nice breakfast treat to take to work. Well...that was super idea but I doubt they'll last 6 days. I tested one just as they're come out of the oven and pre:strawberry butter (not sure how they can possibly get any better)
One of my concerns on making this recipe was that I only had frozen strawberries. Not a problem. I'm sure they're great with fresh but in this case I was careful to drain surplus juice and toss with flour and the muffin was perfect. Thanks for a great recipe Sue!
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped and tossed lightly in
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of 18 cup muffin tin/s.
- Mix together ingredients for streusel and set aside.
- Mix together for the muffins the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Separately, mix together the milk, melted butter, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Fold in lightly floured chopped strawberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and top with streusel mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove them fom the pan (or they will stick).
- Finish cooling muffins on a wire rack.
- To make strawberry butter, mix together thoroughly the soft butter and powdered sugar. Fold in the strawberries and toasted pecans. Chill until needed and soften before serving on split muffins.