Prep 10 mins
Cook 30 mins
For a Romantic touch, bake these in heart shaped muffin tins.
- 1 3⁄4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2⁄3 cup granulated sugar
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 cup milk
- 1⁄2 cup butter, melted
- 2 eggs, beaten
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 cup fresh strawberries, chopped and tossed lightly in
- 2 tablespoons flour
- 1⁄4 cup chopped toasted pecans
- 1⁄4 cup brown sugar, packed
- 1⁄4 cup all-purpose flour
- 2 tablespoons butter, melted
- 1⁄2 cup butter, softened
- 1 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1⁄2 cup chopped fresh strawberries
- 1⁄4 cup finely chopped toasted pecans
- Preheat oven to 375°F.
- Grease bottom and sides of 18 cup muffin tin/s.
- Mix together ingredients for streusel and set aside.
- Mix together for the muffins the flour, sugar, and baking powder.
- Separately, mix together the milk, melted butter, beaten eggs and vanilla.
- Gently mix the wet ingredients into the flour mixture.
- Fold in lightly floured chopped strawberries.
- Pour mixture into prepared muffin tins and top with streusel mixture.
- Bake at 375F for 25-30 minutes until toothpick comes out clean.
- Allow muffins to cool for 10 minutes before trying to remove them fom the pan (or they will stick).
- Finish cooling muffins on a wire rack.
- To make strawberry butter, mix together thoroughly the soft butter and powdered sugar. Fold in the strawberries and toasted pecans. Chill until needed and soften before serving on split muffins.
Oh my goodness!! I decided to make these muffins in advance of Valentines Day and 'hide' them in the freezer for DH so that he has a nice breakfast treat to take to work. Well...that was super idea but I doubt they'll last 6 days. I tested one just as they're come out of the oven and pre:strawberry butter (not sure how they can possibly get any better)
One of my concerns on making this recipe was that I only had frozen strawberries. Not a problem. I'm sure they're great with fresh but in this case I was careful to drain surplus juice and toss with flour and the muffin was perfect. Thanks for a great recipe Sue!
5 Stars please! I did a review on this recipe but when I went back to see if the stars showed up the review was gone also, so here I go again :) These muffins were incredible! They were just sweet enough, with a great texture and taste! The streudel topping was wonderful and added just enough sweetness to the muffins. I love the addition of the nuts! The strawberry butter was absolutely delicious, and with the addition of the nuts brought the muffins over the top for me. This is by far the best muffin I have ever tasted, and I will be making many more times. It is definately a "Winner" recipe. I wish you luck and hope lots of people made this recipe. If you haven't made it, I hope you will. EXCELLENT recipe made for RSC #11. Linda
Wonderful muffins. I only got 12 out of this recipe, but they are GREAT! I didn't make the butter so may do that next time, but they really didn't need anything extra.